There are women and girls who really have it together. By together this is the sort of routine they have:
- Up at 5.30, smoothie and a run.
- Home to shower and wash and blow dry hair.
- Full body moisturise.
- Whilst hair is in rollers cleanse, tone, serum, moisturise, primer, concealer, foundation, eyeshadow, brow tidy, contour, blush, highlight, line eyes, line lips, lipstick, setting powder, setting spray.
- Put on the perfectly ironed outfit that was ready from the night before.
- Make the salad before work.
- Take multi vitamins and hair skin and nails tablets.
- Leave for work with a smile on her face ready for the day.
- Stops for coffee because she has enough time.
- Into work, bosses her day.
- Comes home, cleans for a bit, cooks dinner.
- Goes to bed around 10.30 ready to face another day.
Then there are women like me……
- Alarm starts at 6.30, snooze till 7.00, if I start to wake up ill pick my phone up and scroll through social media without leaving my bed or I’ll stay in bed and continue to snooze.
- 7.30 get into the shower.
- Get out the shower wrap myself in towels, get back into bed to put some moisturiser on and a bit of bronzer if I have a meeting that day.
- Full body moisturise? Are we going out out? No. Ill leave it then.
- Dry shampoo my hair for yet another day and throw on top of my head. By this point its one deadlock that wildlife could live in.
- Find whatever is screwed up in my airing cupboard and hope the creases drop out.
- Go to work.
- Make a pint of coffee.
- Don’t make eye contact with anyone until after 10.30 when I’ve finally woken up.
- Go home. Instantly take my bra off.
- Slob out.
- Make dinner.
- Bed by 9.
- Slob out in bed a bit more.
- Do it all again the next day.
Point is I will never have it together. I don’t think I’m alone in this!
I look at these women and have such respect that they can function in such a perfect way but the matter of the fact is I simply can’t be ar**d.
Have a great day whichever version you are!