So, I’m sure I’m not alone when i say the weekend has been a heavy one!
If you are past the age of 21 you will also know a night drinking takes 3 days minimum to recover. Recovering from minor surgery id imagine is easier so I’ve put together some tips on how to get through Monday alive…..
- Wake up a minimum of 15 minutes early to come round, put the TV on, or have a scroll through your phone, getting out of bed once I’ve ‘come around’ (sounds like i’m coming off anaesthetic but equally feels like it!).
- Make sure you moisturise. Unless you want your face to look like a dried up prune put some moisturiser on! All traces of skin hydration have left, along with our dignity and self respect! We don’t need something else to feel down about today! Also I always feel better if I don’t look like a walking dead extra!
- Blast Smooth FM on the way to work. You don’t want to be caught out with happy hard core with a pounding head! Smooth will guarantee to play bangers that wont leave you feeling emotionally unstable. Unless they put a power ballad on in which case abort to Heart FM immediately.
- Eat breakfast! I’m not going to tell you to eat avocados (however avocados on toast with honey is unreal but I get that avocados are very marmite) for e.g this morning I opted for a McDonalds breakfast which literally provides zero nutritious value (for those who are wondering the wedding diet is going REALLY WELL!).
- Coffee, pints and pints of coffee!
- Water, drink gallons of the stuff, especially to counteract the coffee, that headache is most likely dehydration I realise you want Rubicon Mango pumped into your veins intravenously but its going to make you feel so much worse!
- Keep busy. This is mind over mater. I know the temptation may be there to just ‘Look busy’ at work but if you do actually fill your day with ‘to do’s’ your going to be too busy to think about it. Don’t forget as soon as you get home you can go back to slobbing out but for now crack on!
And that my friends is my short but effective survival guide!
I wish you all a speedy recovery!!!!