So, as somebody pointed out yesterday on a bloggers site a lot of my posts are quite negative. This is fully a reflection on me and the fact that I find more humour in negatives than positives but it also did get me thinking.
British people are a nation of moaners, its a fact! Whilst Theresa May’s Dancing, this Brexit mess and Stricktly’s annual ‘Cheaters curse’ has us all feeling a bit sceptical about having anything to be thankful for if we look outside of the media that is forced down our throats I bet everyone can find at least one thing they are thankful for, here are a list of mine…..
- I’m hugely thankful for my Fiancee. The saying “I don’t like you but i’ll always love you’ flies around our house from both sides several times a week. Having said that I get to live with my best mate who I have the biggest laugh with and has helped me in the last year through some horrendous times. I’d like to think i’m a stronger person for it but, in honesty, I would NOT have got through it without him! We were fortunate to be able to get our beautiful little house a few years ago that is truly a home to me. Home really is where the heart is and i’m so glad I get to share it with the ying to my yang!
- My friends. I literally have THE BEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD! This is no exaggeration! I have friends who I have met on nights out, literally spoke to once and now speak to all the time even if its just exchanging insults to make each other laugh (which is basically my relationships with all of my friends!). Believe it or not my friends are the ones I go to when I really want to moan and get dark but too dark for social media! Through Charlie I have met some of my best friends that will be in my life forever. Don’t ever underestimate the power friendships have on your well-being. They are the family you got to chose!
- My Family. I have had a best friend since I was born. She was 2 when I came in and took all the attention away from her and we have bickered ever since. Having said that if you are lucky enough to have a big sister she will be your bodyguard until your able to stand up for yourself. There is an unspoken ‘if you don’t grass me up I wont grass you up’ rule between sisters which, over the years, I’ve been massively thankful for! My little sister is an absolute diamond and has such an old head on her 14 year old shoulder. I have absolutely no doubt she will be a huge success when shes older. My Mom is an incredible woman who has overcome things a lot of people thankfully never have to go through but has remained an inspiration to me and I ADORE her! My Dad sadly passed away earlier this year which completely tore me and my sister apart, having said that i’m thankful for the amazing years we had with him and the amazing Dad he was! I still speak to him all the time and am thankful that I never feel alone because he is always there.
- Our Niece and Nephew are undoubtedly the most gorgeous children ever! FACT! They make us laugh and smile and the best thing is WE CAN GIVE THEM BACK! Its like having an overwhelming amount of love for a child that you’ve never felt before without the responsibility, sleepless nights and financial commitment. These children are what make Christmas magical. Its out first Christmas with our Nephew and I cannot wait to see his face when he opens his presents!!!!
- The family i’m marrying into. They are just amazing and have taught me a lot, mostly how to drink and ‘Man up’ which were my mother in law to be’s words! The Siblings, cousins, grandparents, aunties and uncles that come along with the family are all ace! I literally couldn’t have asked for more with them!
- Deliveroo. You have no idea how thankful I am to be able to get Five guys delivered! Those burgers are like nothing I’ve ever eaten! My love for food is close to topping my love for my Fiancee!
- Tango Ice Blasts! Firstly if you aren’t a fan we CANNOT be friends! I will take the brain freeze any day of the week to fill my belly full of blue frozen liquid! Its like no frozen drink I’ve ever tasted and has been known to be the only reason I have gone to the cinema!
- Having a job. A lot of people hate their jobs. I actually LOVE mine as a PA which is mainly down to my bosses who are the best people I’ve ever worked for! Regardless of the fact i’m lucky enough to love my job my main reason for being thankful for this is that I can pay bills. Financial struggles are horrendous, I’ve had enough money to be comfortable and not worry about bills and I’ve had NONE. Money certainly doesn’t make you happy but it does take some stress off when you know your bills will be paid month to month. Please don’t take any of the above as me no longer assuming i’m going to win the lottery. That is still 100% happening!
- I’m thankful for the summer we have just had. DO NOT get me wrong i’m glad its cooled down a bit but it was lovely while it lasted. Who knew that in the UK we would be able to walk out in a dress and sandals in July without having to take a rain mac and wellies ‘just in case’.
- The absolute most important thing i’m thankful for is to be ALIVE! I don’t want to sound corny at all but the fact that you woke up and are breathing each morning is the main thing we should all be thankful for! Life is such a gift and shouldn’t be wasted so do what makes you happy, start things you’ve been meaning to do but never got around to (Like I did with this blog).
EVERYONE HAS SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR. HAVE A GREAT DAY XXX