I, more than anybody love that feeling of opening your presents, especially when you get a new Christmas outfit!
My day goes like this:
- Get up
- Open Presents
- Run a bath with my new bath goodies
- Full body moisturise (which I never make part of my normal routine but for some reason do it religiously Christmas day)
- Full face of makeup including lashes!
- Hair blowdried and styled (when I say styled I do what I can before I get bored)
- Put new clothes on
- Spray new perfume so much I may as well be fumigating my entire body!
- Start on the dinner
My question is, what’s the point?! I’m not leaving the house! I’ve probably done more in this entire time getting ready than I would for a night out and will not be leaving the 4 walls. It’s not like I’m someone who is preened daily. I normally look like I’ve been created in a meth lab as a social experiment! My social media is one big lie I DO NOT LOOK LIKE THAT the majority of the time!
Maybe it’s just a good excuse to be the person I always secretly wish I was. That one who always looks like she has her S**T together so I never have to hear “are you not feeling well” again.
Either way, I will be doing the same this year even after writing this and reflecting on how pointless the effort will be. Maybe its subconsciously in case anyone takes pictures and people ask who the homeless person is they took in for Christmas!
Whatever you are doing, however you are going to look I hope you enjoy it and have the most FABULOUS time!!! xx