I forever hear the quote “money doesn’t buy you happiness!” and I, for one, think that is BULLSHIT!!!!
Do not get me wrong I am not saying money is the be all and end all. Having your health and the love of a good family is worth its weight in gold but allow me to point a few things out…..
- Food, food makes me EXTREMELY happy hence why I look like I ate a victoria secret model but do you know how I get food? With money! – Money makes me happy!
- Trips away. Holidays, breaks, even a night at the seaside makes me happy. I feel invigorated, refreshed and oh yea broke because even if I’m not venturing out of the UK you need to pay to sleep somewhere (unless you’re camping rurally in which case you’re braver than I am with the uncertainty of UK weather), Petrol, train or coach to get there! – Money makes me happy!
- I won’t lie, I can be fairly materialistic, not in the sense that possessions mean more to me than anything else, more that shopping is like my crack, there is no better feeling than buying a new outfit and wearing it for the first time as far as I’m concerned! I genuinely get a buzz from shopping, not just any shopping, online shopping. If I feel low or am stressed about being broke I shop to make myself feel better. I understand this only makes me more broke but in that second that I ‘proceed to checkout’ I feel euphoric!!!! – Money makes me happy!
- What do I need to pay my bills and mortgage, oh yes that’s right Money! Whilst bills DO NOT make me happy I have to pay them to live comfortably and not have a repossession agent turn up at my door! Am I happy if all of my bills are paid, Yes, therefore, you guessed it – Money makes me happy!
- As a female, looking like I’ve been stranded on a desert island and dragged around a jungle backwards by a tiger is something I try and avoid. Unfortunately, I am not someone who is naturally easy on the eye. In order to not scare the public when I leave the house I wear makeup and get my roots done, obviously, this is partly for me too as my confidence can often be found in the gutter somewhere but you know what I have to do in order to get these things? Spend money – Money makes me happy.
- Going out socialising. You have no idea how many social events I turn down because I’m skint?! LOADS! I have such FOMO it used to kill me inside. Now I just say no to basically everything because the truth is I CANT BLOODY AFFORD IT! On the odd time I do go though I make sure I have a whale of a time because it won’t happen again for a while- Money makes me happy
You know who says ‘Money doesn’t make you happy’? People with Money! I tell you now you take that Lamborghini away and replace it with a FIAT Punto and let’s see how happy you are then. Let’s take you out of the 6 bed 5 bath house and stick you in a high rise and see how overjoyed you are!
Now I’m not saying I want to be a billionaire (I do) but I wouldn’t turn down a mil or 2, for this reason, I will be winning the lotto soon!
Now I’m sure after reading this you’re going to think that girl is an idiot! Please don’t take this post literally, of course, money won’t solve all of your problems but it takes some of them away. It can also bring a lot of harm depending on how it’s spent so this is completely down to the person.
As a kid, we didn’t have a lot at all and I never felt hard done by at all but as an adult, it breaks my heart to think my parents would struggle in the ways they did financially but worked so hard for us not to see it.
Let me know what you think. Does money make you happy? Comments welcome!